1. The Cottage Boutique Limited acts solely as an agent for the property owner. These terms and conditions form a contract between the owner of the property and you, the guest. All rental agreements arranged by The Cottage Boutique Limited are made on behalf of the owner. The property owner is responsible for ensuring that the property is compliant with all current health and safety regulations including gas, electrical, and fire safety.
2. Bookings should be made on the booking form (on this website) and your booking is secured by a non refundable* deposit of one quarter of the rental charge (25%) plus a £30.00 booking fee.
* Where a booking is cancelled and the same period is re-let to another party, the 25% deposit may be returned at the discretion of The Cottage Boutique Limited (subject to an administration fee). Adjustments to bookings are also subject to a £25.00 administration fee.
The remaining balance plus refundable damage deposit is to be paid 6 weeks prior to the commencement of your stay. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the holiday commences then the full rental charge is due at the time of booking along with a refundable damage deposit of £200.00
Failure to make final balance payments by the date outlined above may result in The Cottage Boutique Limited making your holiday week/property available to other parties for booking.
Most types of card payments are accepted. American Express is not accepted. Cheques and Bank transfers are not accepted.
Lettings commence at 5pm (dependent of property) on the first day of the tenancy and end at 9am on the day of departure unless notified otherwise. Under no circumstances may more people or pets other than those notified to the agent occupy the property.
3. The guest undertakes to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. A Damage Deposit of £200.00 is taken for each booking. This is held on the owner’s behalf to cover any costs of repairs, replacements or additional cleaning charges if the property is left in an unsatisfactory condition. This includes evidence that pets have been allowed to venture on to the 1st floor or higher, or that they have climbed on to any of the furniture. The guests are responsible for the property and its contents and so if the guest finds any damage on arrival the guest should inform The Cottage Boutique Limited immediately so that steps can be taken to rectify this. On departure all damages/breakages/losses should be reported to the Cottage Boutique Limited. The Damage Deposit usually covers all breakages/damages/losses but the guest will be liable for any costs incurred over and above the Damage Deposit limit. If there are no such costs, the Damage Deposit will be returned within 14 days of the end of the rental period.
4. Any guest with special requirements such as allergies or mobility issues should clarify in writing to The Cottage Boutique Limited their specific needs and seek confirmation that the property booked is suitable for these needs prior to making a booking.
5. The property should only be used for the number of guests outlined on the booking form and guests should notify The Cottage Boutique Limited of any intention to invite additional guests to stay overnight.
5.b The Cottage Boutique Limited does not accept bookings for large same sex groups without prior communication and authorisation.
5.c The Cottage Boutique does not accept booking for parties where the lead guest is aged under 21.
6. If for any reason beyond the owner’s control (e.g. fire damage) the property is not available on the date booked, all deposits and rental down payments will be refunded in full but the clients shall have no further claim.
7. (a) if the booking is cancelled for any reason with less than 6 weeks from the start of the booked period, the guest will remain legally liable to pay the full balance as specified on the Booking Form. The guest is urged to take out any insurance against the possibility of cancelling.
7. (b). All cancellations should be confirmed in writing to The Cottage Boutique Limited.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) now being a known event, our standard terms and conditions will apply to cancellations for bookings taken on or after March 23rd 2020.
8. Acceptance of a reservation for any properties managed by The Cottage Boutique Limited, confers upon on the guest the right to occupy the property for a holiday within the meaning of Section 9 of the Rent Act 1977.
9. Where pets are allowed, the guest will be liable for all additional costs of repairs, replacements and extra cleaning resulting from their pets. Pets must at all times remain on the ground floor of all properties and must not be allowed to climb on the furniture nor enter to any bedrooms. Where it is identified that a pet has been staying in any property without having been booked in and any associated fee paid, this cost will be deducted from the damage deposit.
10. Any complaints must be notified to the agent immediately, so that on-the-spot remedial action can be taken if needed. In no circumstances will compensation be made for complaints made after the tenancy has ended or the guest has vacated the property. The Cottage Boutique aims to resolve most complaints within 14 days of departure.
11. Guests are asked to not to cause any unreasonable noise or disturbance that may constitute an annoyance to the residents of the adjoining properties.
12. The Cottage Boutique Limited reserves the right to cancel or refuse any booking where a guests behaviour is deemed, in their reasonable opinion, either aggressive or unnecessarily anti-social in any way.
13. Whilst every effort has been made to describe each property as fully and accurately as possible we cannot accept responsibility or liability for any changes an owner may have made that we were not made aware of, or for any disappointment caused where a guest has differing expectations to those detailed in the description.
All details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct at the time they were published but their accuracy cannot be fully guaranteed. Any amendments notified to us will be fully available on our web site.
Every effort will be made to ensure the standard of the property is maintained and that all items of equipment described and supplied by the owner are in good working order. However, no guarantee is given or liability accepted if any breakdown occurs. Repairs are always affected as soon as possible, although inevitably delays do occur.
NO SMOKING IN ANY OF THE HOUSES PLEASE
NO PETS IN NON PET FRIENDLY PROPERTIES – PLEASE CHECK BEFORE BOOKING.